Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jumping into Fall



"We should even have a few fall leaves hanging on when you get here," Bill Rosner told me a couple weeks ago in reference to a trip I am taking next week. Rosner is a fishing guide on Lake Vermilion in northern Minnesota, and I'm headed that way on Monday for a few days of muskie, pike and walleye fishing.

I'm looking forward to casting for big muskies at Lake Vermilion -- a huge Northcountry lake that's dotted with more than 350 islands. In fact, I'm staying at Ludlow's Island Resort, which, as the name says, is located on island! I'm also looking forward to the cool weather as I jump into late fall (lows in the 30s, highs in the 50s, according to the 10-day).

By the time I get home we'll be a week into October, which means a bit more of the season's colors will be revealing themselves in the Georgia mountains. Things are just getting started here. Just yesterday, Asher brought in a beautiful, bright red leaf that he had found in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment