Saturday, August 20, 2011

Classic Minnesota


Maybe it's something in me (I was born in the Twin Cities), but the more I fish in Minnesota the more I enjoy fishing in Minnesota. I even had fun pulling fish through holes in the ice earlier this year.

Yesterday was a great day of classic Minnesota fishing - Lindy-rigging for walleyes on beautiful Rainy Lake along the US-Canada border. The day on Rainy followed two days of down-rigging on Lake of the Woods, which also straddles the border.

I must not be the only person who likes fishing in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, because I'm sitting in the Minneapolis airport now, and I don't recall another day when I've seen more travelers in an airport with rod tubes in their carry-ons.

I'm blogging from my phone since we're about to board, so I'll have to add a photo of yesterday's fun after I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment