Monday, September 28, 2015

Green Sunfish or Black Perch

I'd like to say I added both green sunfish and black perch to my 2015 species list while in Oklahoma and Arkansas a couple of weeks ago. The fact is, though, that they are the same thing. Green sunfish is the most popular common name for this kind of sunfish, but in the area I was fishing, they are more commonly called black perch. Whatever you want to call them, these fish are scrappy fighters that attack little lures like Rebel Crawfish with gusto that defies their size. They are a lot of fun to catch, which is a good thing, because we caught a bunch of them!

Assuming I haven't forgotten to record any species or failed to identify any unique sunfish, the green sunfish was species number 25 for me for 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment