Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Early Bluegill Bite

I fished this morning with Deer River guide Jeff Sundin and hit a great morning bluegill bite. In fact Jeff had his first big 'gill in the ice before my bait was all the way down. We caught 'em steadily through mid-morning before the bite began tapering. We caught a few late-morning fish, including bluegill, crappie and one small bass.
Jeff caught most of his fish on Lindy Toads, tipped with waxworms. I had a big time trying out the new 1/32-ounce Lindy Watsit Jig, which worked every bit as well as I thought it would. I'm pretty eager to put the same little Watsit Jigs to work on the bluegills and trout back home.
Ice adventure No. 1 for this winter is over now, and I fly home tomorrow.  Time to thaw out a bit, sort some photos, write a few fish stories and simply enjoy a few days at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment