Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Marvelous Minnesota

Even when it's 5 degrees, the wind is blowing 20 miles per hour and the fish are doing a lot of pondering before deciding to bite, I love fishing in Minnesota. The very basic reason is because the fishing is so good and so diverse.  Beyond that, though, northern Minnesota especially has so much of a fishing culture. You can go just about anywhere and someone will want to talk with you about where you're headed or have been, and most will also tell you a fish story or two. Lakes dot the northwoods landscape and many have fishing resorts on their shores. But even mom and pop motels and chain hotels are often decorated like fish camps.

I also love catching jumbo bluegills, so when I get to combine those appeals like I did today, it doesn't much matter to me if the wind chill is way below zero!


No comments:

Post a Comment