Tuesday, December 18, 2012

No Snow Today

My most recent fishing trip, which was a little more than a week ago, had me landing in Minneapolis in the middle of the Twin Cities' first major snowstorm of the year. Somewhat amazingly, the plane landed on time. However, travel north out of the cities was slow and somewhat treacherous. We drove out of the heaviest snow but not out of the cold. The highest high in three days of fishing was 12 degrees. That's what you should expect when you fish in northern Minnesota in December, though, so I'm not complaining. And the ice served up big fun.

Today's travel forecast looks much better. I'm flying now, and the pilot just announced that it's 71 and sunny in Dallas.  That's not my final destination, but I feel confident that the weather is pretty nice in Tulsa.  A front will push through, and it looks like Thursday morning will be pretty chilly. Still I'll bet we won't have to hurry and take picture of our fish before they get coated in ice.

Stay tuned for fishing reports from Eufaula and Fort Gibson.


No comments:

Post a Comment