Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Real Story

Sometimes I probably miss the boat with stuff I post, failing to tell the most important stories. Landed fish are fun to look at and even more fun to show off, but they rarely are the highlights of fishing days.

Yesterday offers a perfect example. Nathaniel and I caught close to 50 fish in an afternoon float, and I have photos of some fine fish, including a big one smashed Alan Clemons' Zell Pop. As Glenn Wheeler put it, though, the fish are just the icing on the cake when you fish the Buffalo River.

Even very good fishing was easily trumped by time in the canoe with Nathaniel and in the stream with three friends, enjoying amazing scenery, cool wading, plenty of laughs, hearty sandwiches and even missed fish. Of course, I'm not complaining about the ones we did catch, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment