Friday, May 4, 2012

Chattooga Whitewater This Morning

Photo courtesy of Southeastern Expeditions

Less then five hours from now, Nathaniel and I will be helping tote rafts and other gear into the gorge of the of Chattooga National Wild & Scenic River for a trip down Section IV! This section pours through several steep and technical Class III to V rapids and finishes with  Five Falls, which is a string of five big big rapids. Remote, rugged and strikingly beautiful, Section IV twists and turns among house-sized boulders, forested slopes and sheer cliffs. I'm really excited about this morning's outing because I haven't rafted the river for several years, and Nathaniel has never been down it. I'm bringing my little waterproof point-and-shoot and my GoPro, so I have big hopes of returning with some cool photos and hopefully some videos as well.