Monday, July 30, 2012

Michigan Meanderings

My current location in Michigan has nothing to do with fishing. I'm here because of a family illness. It's nice to think about other things though, and in Michigan it's easy to daydream about fishing.

From St. Clair smallmouths and muskie to Grand River steelhead to giant brown trout in Lake Michigan and its tributaries, Michigan's fishing has to be some of the best and most diverse in the country -- especially for a state with no salt water.

In recent years I've done a fair amount of Michigan fishing -- mostly for trout and smallmouths. I've not even scratched the surface of the state's magnificent offerings, though. In fact I've never laid a foot on the entire Upper Peninsula.

Maybe the next time I'm here circumstances will be better for broadening my Michigan fishing horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment