Monday, April 22, 2013

Bluegill, Bass & Black-as-Coal Crappie

I expected a bluegill or maybe a small bass when I dropped my Road Runner into a small hole in a bast mat. instead it was a black crappie -- the blackest crappie I've ever caught, in fact -- that attacked my bladed offering. I was fishing from the bank and the hole was less only a few feet from the shore and about 6 inches deep. It was such a fun trick that I tried it again, and sure enough it worked again. Only one more time, though.

The pond outing was big fun and offered a four-species mix (crappie, bass, bluegill, warmouth). I caught all my fish either on a Road Runner curly tail or a Natural Science Trout & Panfish Road Runner. We didn't get giant bream, but we did get some good-quality fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment