Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pontoon Back in Action

My little inflatable pontoon couldn't stand it any longer. Having been pulled out, cleaned up and inflated a week or so ago, it was eager to get its feet wet. Good opportunity simply hadn't presented itself. Yesterday, finally, we slipped the pontoon into the back of my Expedition and shot over to the beaver pond. Nathaniel and Asher fished out of Nathaniel's johnboat while I cruised around the pond in my one-man inflatable craft.

The boat's greatest utility won't shine again until we get it's blue buddy fully back in order and can tote them places where it's not practical to take the johnboat. Hopefully, that will be soon. The nice thing is that deflated we could carry them both either in the back of the Expedition or on top of it. In the meantime, I'm glad to have one working, and it was every bit as comfortable and easy to fish from as I remembered. The bass weren't tearing it up, but we did manage to catch a few. Just enough to make the pontoon boat happy, I'm pretty sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment