Sunday, February 9, 2014

Next Species?

I'm fairly certain that I'll get to add to my 2014 fish species list some time this week while ice-fishing in Minnesota, but I wonder how many species will get added and which will come first. Having already logged a yellow perch, bluegill and black crappie, my first guess is a walleye. A pike seems fairly likely, too. A bass less slightly less likely, but very possible. Of course, I hope I can catch something cool and different like a whitefish of some sort or an eelpout, because I'm unlikely to catch one of those anywhere else I'm apt to fish, but I'll take anything that wants to bite. Year's tally, at the moment, stands at seven species.

Better sleep now, I suppose. It'll be time to leave for the airport before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment