Monday, October 26, 2015

Frog Strikes

The frog bite wasn't quite on at Guntersville over the weekend, but occasionally a fish would blast one, and that was enough to keep virtually everyone in the group I was with throwing one at least part of the time. As Elite Series pro Greg Vinson put it, every frog bite is worth about four other bites. Little in bass fishing is more thrilling than the blast of a bass when it blows through the matted grass to bust a frog.
Even the misses are thrilling.
I did manage to land a couple of frog fish, and I definitely notched a couple of exciting misses, including one big fish that rolled out of the water when it attacked.
I moved from Guntersville to Pickwick today for round two of fishing on this trip. I wonder whether frogs will play a role tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment