Tuesday, December 26, 2017

This Year's Fish List


Well, I went back and updated my fish list, best I could. I could only think of seven additionally species from the second half of the year. Diminishing returns are common with my annual list because I only list first catches of any given species. Still, I most likely missed one or two obscure panfish or pier catches. So it goes when you don't keep up with stuff when you should.

It may be a little premature for summing up the year as it is certainly possible that I'll find water at least one more time before Sunday. If I do, though, chances are pretty good that the catch will only include fish already on this list -- most likely rainbow, brook or brown trout. And if I'm wrong, I can always make an update. List includes one marginal listing, obvious by the fact that I called it a mystery fish. I don't even remember what it was, but I obviously recognized it as something I didn't recognize that was clearly distinctive from other fish on the list. And Pier 60, where I caught it, was a favored destination when I was growing up, so I'm familiar with a lot what is commonly caught out there.

Tally was 40. Florida was by far the top producing state last year. March topped the month tally. Enough discussion, though. Here's the list:


Rainbow Trout, Norfork River, Arkansas, January

Brown Trout, White River, Arkansas, January

White Bass, Colorado River, Texas, February

Largemouth Bass, Colorado River, Texas, February

Speckled Trout, Texas Bayou, Texas, February

Flounder, Texas Bayou, Texas, February

Peacock Bass, Lake Ida, Florida, February

Bluegill, Tenococ Fishing Area, Florida, February

Hardhead Catfish, Charlotte Harbor, Florida, February

Ladyfish, Charlotte Harbor, Florida, February

Butterfish, Big Pier 60, Florida, March

Pinfish, Big Pier 60, Florida, March

Stingray, Big Pier 60, Florida, March

Mystery fish, Big Pier 60, Florida, March

Warmouth, Rodman Tailwater, Florida, March

Spotted Sunfish, Rodman Tailwater, Florida, March

Killifish, Rodman Tailwater, Florida, March

Redbreast Sunfish, Santa Fe River, Florida, March

Striped Mullet, Santa Fe River, Florida, March

Mudfish, Santa Fe River, Florida, March

Smallmouth Bass, Tennessee River, Alabama, March

Shoal Bass, Flint River, Georgia, May

Longear Sunfish, Flint River, Georgia, May

Walleye, Lake Erie, Ohio, May

Drum, Lake Erie, Ohio, May

White Perch, Lake Erie, Ohio, May

Channel Catfish, Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee, May

White Crappie, Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee, May

Yellow Perch, Lake Rabun, Georgia, May

Sucker, Main Stream, Maine, June

Chain pickerel, Pushaw Lake, Maine, June

Chub, brook in Maine, Maine, June

Brook trout, brook in Maine, Maine, June

Redfish, Mobile Bay, Alabama, September

Yellowtail, Gulf Shores Pier, Alabama, September

Spotted bass, Lake Ouachita, Arkansas, October

Skipjack, Kentucky Lake, Kentucky, October

Blue Catfish, Lake Moultrie, South Carolina, November

Black Crappie, VIP Adventures, South Carolina, November

Striped Bass, Lake Guntersville, Alabama, December

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome and a great idea. Congrats. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it. All the best to you as well!

    ReplyDelete