Saturday, January 6, 2018

Fishless Week One

I was tempted to sneak out on New Year's morning to visit our nearest Delayed Harvest trout stream, just to see if I could coax a trout into biting. However, the new year brought the start of a mighty cold snap (here and almost everywhere, it seems). With a morning low in the teens on Jan. 1, such an outing truly would have been only for the novelty of a quick first catch, and I wasn't really convinced the fish would want to bite.

So I stayed home, and such has been the basic story for the entire first week of the 2018. We've had temperatures as low as 9 degrees, which is getting down there pretty good for Georgia, and it has only been creeping above freezing for a few hours at a time most days. It's 15 degrees right now. Consequently, it has seemed like a good week to work in the computer.

Thankfully, the current nationwide cold snap seems to be nearing its end. Plus, my plans for next week look like they should include some time on the water. I'm Arkansas-bound and have assorted fishing gear packed. The main purpose for my travel is to visit my company's main office in Fort Smith, but the plan as of now is to combine my travels with a content-collection outing (which means fishing). Basically, when my office visit is done, I'll start fishing my way home. No specific plans, but plenty of ideas, so I have stuff for various kinds of fishing crammed into my car and I'll most likely tote the kayak.

So my hope is definitely that by the end of week two, I'll no longer be fishless in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment