Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Bass on the Fish List

With two months having already passed, my 2018 fish species list remains sadly sparse. I did add a two bass species a couple of weeks ago, though. Largemouth bass and spotted bass doubled my tally, and the list now includes two species of trout and two species of bass.

The bass came from Lake Eufaula, an impoundment of the Chattahoochee River along the Georgia/Alabama border, and the first of each came from creeks that come in on opposite sides of the river, so I actually caught my first largemouth of the year from Alabama and my first spot from Georgia. The day actually produced a handful of bass and I caught a few more during the days that followed while traveling. However, I only tally the first of any given species on my list.

Certainly March will bring spring fishing opportunities, and I can get this catch list cranking a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment