Thursday, March 14, 2019

Spotty Start

My fishing year is off to a very spotty start in a couple of different ways.

First, I simply haven't fished that much. I've made trips to Florida, South Carolina and Alabama to fish a bit and gather content, but for a couple of different reasons, two of those got cut short and only amounted to one day on the water. I haven't done much local fishing on days between trips, so to say my fishing time has been spotty, when compared to a normal year, would be an understatement. Plans, as of now, are to fish all next week and plans are brewing for several other angling adventures, so by theory, that is about to change.

Second, you could say my early efforts have been "spotty" because all the bass I've caught this year have been on a Cotton Cordell Super Spot. A handful of saltwater fish fell to different offerings while I was in Florida, but all of my bass have been on a Spot.  That's not too surprising, I suppose. A Spot is a fabulous early-season bass lure and one I throw quite a bit during late winter and early spring. That said, assuming next week's fishing plans remain in tact, I'm going to try to add a little variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment