Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pretending it is Fall

September isn't a fall month in Georgia, and in my head I know that to be true. I like to fool myself, though, so please don't spoil it.

It doesn't feel fallish today. In fact, I think it's a little warmer than what we experienced through most of August (which was refreshingly mild). Most of my fall plans have been solidly made, though, and they really are just around the corner. Meanwhile, some fall activities, such as college football and in places dove and deer hunting, have already begun. Fish remain in summer mode, but it's not too soon to be thinking about fall forays up trout streams. Of course, we do what we can to nudge along the seasonal change at home by making apple butter, using fall table cloths and such.

I did notice a leaf that had changed colors on a dogwood in front of my house. Hey, maybe it really is fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment