Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Driving Past Fish

Tomorrow's travels will take me past a lot of fish, including stream smallmouths and both wild and stocked trout. Smallie waters not far off the route include North Carolina's Little Tennessee and Tuckasegee rivers, Tennessee's Pigeon and Nolichucky, plus parts if the New In Virginia and West Virginia. Many of the best trout waters are farther up in the same watersheds.

Tough as is for me, I'm going to drive right past 'em. I thought hard about stopping, but a combination of water levels, travel distances and other logistics make it impractical to stop long enough to  make the fishing worthwhile.

Of course, the worst part about it is that logistics are similar at the other end of the trip, so I'll have to drive past all the same streams again.

No comments:

Post a Comment