Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Flies or Jigs?

The next few days' plans, though not fishing related, will have me close enough to good trout waters that I'm fairly confident I'll get drawn to the creek at some point. Less certain than whether I'll end up fishing is whether tote the fly rod or the ultralight to the creek.

I've already proven little Watsit Grubs and Road Runners effective in the same waters this fall. That could be an argument for sticking with what works, or it could be a reason to try to catch them another way. I guess I lean slightly toward the flies because of a specific photo need I could get knocked out if I drifted bugs and was successful.

Of course, I might end up doing some fly-fishing and some spin fishing! However it turns out, I'll try to remember to post a report.

No comments:

Post a Comment