Sunday, December 15, 2013

Crawdad Colors

Yeah. It happened again. This time in the craft section at Walmart. If you like hair jigs or streamers you probably won't blame me for getting distracted. Six feet of fine crawdad colors and nice soft fur for about $5!

I didn't buy it (yet) but I do know where to find it, and I just might be back. They didn't have the same thing in white, but If they ever were to, I'll bet I could tie a lot of shad patterns from the same material.

Yesterday my daughter brought me a remnant of crocheted purple, sparkly fuzzy yarn and asked if I could use it. I suspect my eyes might have sparkled a bit when I saw it. Needless to say, I took it, and in fact I've already used it on one jig's body.

Maybe the tying excitement will come and go quickly. If not, next year's Christmas list may be nothing but fur, feathers, thread, tinsel and other stuff like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment