Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pond Play

Rain is coming tomorrow, followed by more cold, but this afternoon warmed up nicely and we had a little time, so it was a good afternoon to visit the pond with three of my children. Asher, Autumn and Eli all like to fish as often as they get a chance, and there really haven't been a lot of good chances so far this year.

It was a simple outing, walking the banks. Eli, 5, and Autumn, 7, both fish with worms on ice jigs under floats. Asher, 9, mostly threw a Lindy Watsit Grub. Eli had the hot rod of the pack, managing his first bluegill and his first bass of 2014.

I cast when I could with a little Road Runner Original Marabou, but I spent most of my time pulling hooks from branches, grass and shirts, re-baiting lines and undoing knots. No complaints there. That's all part of the fun. We also left a couple of float rigs out of reach from the shore in bushes. Nathaniel and I might have to retrieve them with the johnboat one day this week. I suppose we'll have to make a few casts when we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment