Monday, June 23, 2014

Fish-Filled Sturgeon Bay Weekend

I got behind on blogs this weekend. At the ends of long days on the water and late nights around dinner tables, the call for sleep won the battle for my time.

It sure wasn't a matter of nothing to tell. The weekend included a stupidly good day of smallmouth fishing, my first ever king salmon, a morning and an afternoon of doing types of fishing I'd never done before, plentiful great photo opportunities and the chance to give a seriously good test to Shakespeare's new Ugly Stik Elite rods.

It also included a pretty good sample of Wisconsin's famous fried cheese curds, some incredible smoked string cheese and a few really good steaks, but I suppose that's straying from fishing.

Today I'm traveling home. In fact, I'm riding to the Green Bay airport right now. I'll try to do some writing along the way because I only get two days at home before I repack a bag with lighter clothes and bigger lures and point the truck toward the airport once again. This time Mexico bound. Word has it there is wifi at the lodge now, so hopefully I'll do better keeping up with blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment