Friday, September 5, 2014

New Toy/Tool

I aded a camera to my toolbag yesterday and am excited to put it to work. The hope, of course, is that I'll get to out it to very good use on some extra large catfish in Tennessee this evening.

Camera is a Fujifilm Finepix S1. It's a point-and-shoot, which admittedly feels a little like a step backward. I really don't think it is, though. It has a giant optical zoom range and fast lens, shoots up to 16 MP and offers the option of shooting raw and a lot of control settings. Extra appealing for today's communication needs, it shoots high def video, has Wifi to work with my phone and has a huge variety of specialty settings for effects.

Learning to navigate the new camera's menus and figuring out the best settings for different situations is going to take some time, but from the little bit of playing I have done I'm excited about prospects.

For now, two batteries are fully charged, and a 64-gig card is loaded and ready. And of course I also have my other cameras charged and ready for action!

No comments:

Post a Comment