Sunday, May 3, 2015

Laker Fest

Mark Davis of Big Water Adventures had the area of Lake Ontario the lake trout were using and the general technique to use dialed in before ever putting down a line this morning, and it didn't take long for him to figure out the specific drift lines, depths and best baits to maximize the opportunity so it was never long between bites. I don't know how many lake trout we caught and released, but I know it was a lot, and I couldn't begin to guess how many it would have been if we hadn't been working on photos and hadn't stopped early to chase smallmouths around.

I actually came in early because I'd driven all night the night before to get here and had work I needed to wrap up. Mark took Brian Evans back out, and they went right back to catching lake trout like we had been.

Lake trout are fun fish for me to catch because they aren't fish I get to target most places that I fish and simply because they are strong fish that grow really big. Today's first laker also added one more fish to my 2015 species list!

No comments:

Post a Comment