Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Species No. 19

With Darl Black and I having tallied eight species in a day over the weekend, I figured I'd probably added at least a couple of fish to this year's species tally. When I pulled up this year's list, though, I realized I'd already caught at least one of seven of the eight species that we landed. The lone newcomer to my 2015 tally was a walleye.

The walleye was species No. 19 for this year. With that addition, Pennsylvania ties Georgia for the number of species added to the list. Each has contributed four. Through late May, species have been added from eight different states.

Looking back a year, a walleye was the last species added last May (from South Dakota). It was No. 17, so I'm two species ahead of last year's pace, for whatever that is worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment