Monday, October 12, 2015

Destination Eufaula

There's just something about those classic fishing destinations. I leave tomorrow for one such place, Lake Eufuala, Alabama, where I will spend the rest of the week. I'm mostly going there for the conference, the annual meeting of the Southeastern Outdoor Press Association, but I like just being around places that have rich fishing histories.

I will fish a little while I'm there. On the morning after I arrive I'm going out for half a day to fish for crappie and catfish. Then on Friday night I get to take part in a style of fishing I've never done before. I'm going out bowfishing with a small group. I don't know if I'll actually end up shooting the bow, or if I'll only be shooting photos, watching and learning, but I'm looking forward to getting out on the lake at night and to seeing what bowfishing is all about.

Watch here for reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment