Friday, December 2, 2016

Year's First White Bass?

When Eric Porterfield and I caught several white bass between largemouth catches in Oklahoma last month, I didn't even consider that I might be adding to my year's species list. White bass are such common catches in my travels that I normally log my first of the year by the end of spring. While updating the list the other day, though, I started looking up and down the list and found no listing of white bass, and as I think back, I can't specifically remember catching others this year. I could have caught others and forgotten to record them, but for now anyway, white bass is a November listing, my most recent, and species number 37 for 2017. I'm headed to the coast, where any cast is apt to produce a host of different species, later this month, so maybe the final tally will find the forties.

No comments:

Post a Comment