Thursday, April 5, 2018

Favorite Fishing Destinations Countdown

An outdoors radio show host recently asked me if I could come up with a Top 10 list of my favorite destinations from fishing travels. I failed completely, not because I couldn't think of enough and not even due to an inability to narrow the list. I failed because I couldn't stop with a place name or even place name and species. Mere mention of the first to come to mind made me eager to expound on why I liked it so much, and soon I'd rambled all the way to the commercial break without getting past the first spot.

Although the list didn't get anywhere that day, it got me thinking more about favorite destinations, and over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to countdown some favorites. For an all-species, all-seasons angler, narrowing the list will be tough. I think I'll keep it at ten, but I'm not sure yet. Counting down will mean ranking, but I can tell you right now that there won't be much difference among the top ten in terms of my fondness for visiting these spots and fishing.

Most places on this list will be ones I've written about on this blog. Some several times and several probably are on my Destinations page. I'm not claiming my picks to be the top nation's top 10 fishing spots. This countdown will be based solely on my actual experience and my personal favorites, and it will take into account the total destination. I won't totally rule out international destinations, but I won't count anywhere I've fished only once and don't think I'll ever have the opportunity to fish again.

I'm not sure quite when I'll start. I'm haven't made the list yet and am laying down ground rules for myself even as I write this. It'll be soon, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment