Thursday, September 27, 2012

SEOPA Pickin' & Grinnin'

The annual fall gathering of the Southeastern Outdoor Press Association is one of my favorite events of every year for a number of reasons, and I'd have a hard time picking my favorite part of the conference. High on the list, though, would be any time the writers' instruments come out of their cases. Outdoor writing and music must go together well because SEOPA's membership contains a host of wonderful musicians, and I love to hear them pick out songs. Nathaniel has gotten to know the pickers well over the past few years so now he just plops down among them and picks away, making it even more fun for me. The official Pickin' & Grinnin' happens Saturday night, but Thursday's practice session typically is almost as fun to watch. In between is other SEOPA stuff, but more on that later!


No comments:

Post a Comment